Coastside Land Trust has saved open space from Montara to Half Moon Bay and beyond. We have acquired 163 parcels of land and hold 19 conservation easements along the coastline on both sides of Highway One.
Most people assume that the rest of the open spaces in Half Moon Bay are already protected. However, large sections of these ocean bluff tops, including those next to the Coastal Trail, are increasingly vulnerable to development. This makes our work in acquiring and protecting these lands more and more urgent.
CLT’s expenses for land acquisition involve research, title transfers, annual property taxes, legal fees, due diligence and operations. Costs for protecting acquired lands include restoration, conservation, property management, reporting and stewardship.
Project Coordinator Eric Rutledge with 2013's property tax receipt
If you believe that our Coastside is worth protecting, you can help. Our work is made possible by donations from individual donors, like you, who love the lands of the coast! You can support our work with a tax-deductible one-time or recurring donation, by volunteering, or by donating land or a conservation easement. Coastside Land Trust is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Together we can preserve the urban open space of the San Mateo County coast for generations to come.
How to donate:
- If you'd like to provide support for saving land as a CLT SUSTAINER monthly, quarterly, or biannually via credit card, please email our Development Director at email@example.com to be set up on cyclical giving. All amounts help! Please consider donations of $20, $50, $83 (per month makes $1,000 annual donation easy!), $100 or another amount.
- If you'd like to make a bequest or planned gift, donate stock or can provide a corporate matching gift please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 726-5056.
- Please consider an annual donation by check or credit card of $35, $50, $75, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $5,000 or another amount you prefer.
- Your contribution can be a special honorary or memorial gift. We’ll send a nice card to the recipient you designate. Remember that your employer may match your gift. You can double the value of your contribution!
- Consider making a donation of appreciated stock. We can accept a transfer directly from your brokerage firm to our Smith Barney account. This may have significant tax advantages to you; please consult with your tax advisor for details. Contact us for more information about donating stock.
You can donate your car, RV, or boat to Coastside Land Trust, and receive a tax deduction. We'll arrange to have your vehicle or boat picked up at no cost to you. When it is sold at auction, we will send you a letter with the vehicle's selling price for tax purposes.
- Free pick-up
- No hassle
- Tax deduction
- Any condition, running or not
To make (or learn more about making) a vehicle donation click here.
- Show your support for Coastside Land Trust with a T-shirt, hat, or mug — visit our CafePress store today!
You can make a tax-deductible gift to support Coastside Land Trust online via PayPal, or by printing this form and mailing it to our office with your check. Checks may be mailed to:
PO Box 3205
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
For online giving, please click on the link below.
Only with your help can we sustain the open lands we all cherish.